Sunday, October 14, 2018

Leadership is an Art - The Rights

The book Leadership is an Art by Max De Pree, is the single book that has had profound influence on my leadership style. I'm fortunate enough to lead some of the most outstanding and humble folks and the ideas of the book has helped me to make a small difference in their lives. I'll share key concepts of the book in a few posts.

Ground rules of working mandates the leaders offer certain "rights" to their followers:
  • The Right to be Needed
  • The Right to be Involved
  • The Right to a Covenantal Relationship
  • The Right to Understand – Mission, Strategy and Direction, Career Path etc.,
  • The Right to Affect One’s Own Destiny
  • The Right to be Accountable
  • The Right to Appeal
  • The Right to Make a Commitment
  • Is this a place they’ll let me do my best?
One of the most important responsibilities of leaders is to work hard at offering these rights to the people we lead

No comments: