Friday, October 19, 2018

Leadership is an Art - Giants

The book Leadership is an Art by Max De Pree, is the single book that has had profound influence on my leadership style. I'm fortunate enough to lead some of the most outstanding and humble folks and the ideas of the book has helped me to make a small difference in their lives. I'll share key concepts of the book in a few posts.

What is a giant? Well, giants are many things. People like you and me may become giants.
  • Giants are many things. Me and you can become giants.
  • Giants see opportunities, when others see troubles
  • Giants give others gift of space
  • Giants catch fastballs
  • Without giant catchers, there can be no giant pitchers
  • Giants have special gifts
  • Giants enable others to express their own gifts
While productivity is important, giving space to giants is much more important. For the corporation to be truly effective, you will need to help corporations be open to giants at all levels

No comments: