Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Dare to create magic

Ravi Venkatesan is a well known name in Indian IT industry in his role as Chairman of Microsoft India. What is little known though is how he constantly reinvents himself by repeatedly and deliberately coming out of comfort zone. Yet another example that its only mavericks and revolutionaries (and not the "well rounded professionals") that truly accomplish great things. In this beautiful article, Ravi shares what propels him to continuously self-destruct and persevere. Some highlights if you are short of time to read the entire/original article.

  • Aim high, and then do what it takes
  • No risk, no reward
  • No matter where you go, credibility must be earned
  • You are what you measure
  • Great teams make great companies
  • Start at the top if you want to make a mindset change
  • Never underestimate the contribution of luck
  • Become risk averse and you stagnate
  • Introspect often to know your strengths
  • India will change if Bright people create opportunities for themselves

I could relate the most to this statement “I asked myself, ‘When I turn 50, what will I regret more – that I have tried and failed or that I had the opportunity and I was too scared and gave it a pass? I decided that I’ll go and do my best.” 

(Read the full article here)

No comments: