Sunday, September 17, 2017

How Loyal are You?

Very early in my career a mentor drilled into my head, a few  non-negotiable virtues to follow in my professional life. One amongst them was to be loyal to oneself (and not to any organisation or a manager or a technology etc.,). It took me a while to understand and I've always strived building my career that way. I recently ran into a beautiful articulation of the concept of loyalty.

Loyalty is "about showing up, being on time, being reliable, doing what you say you’re going to do, being trustworthy, putting in a fair day’s work, respecting the work, respecting the customer, respecting the organization, respecting co-workers, not wasting time, not making work hard for other people, not creating unnecessary work for other people, not being a bottleneck, not faking work." Jason Fried, CEO of Basecamp


So this morning's question is simply this "How loyal are you?"

Have a great week!

No comments: