Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Traits of an effective manager at Google

Lately, I've been looking for articles on how successful MNC sets expectations for its employees and leaders. I've covered the same for Amazon and Netflix for now. I stumbled upon an article that lists 8 habits of effective managers at  Google  based performance reviews, surveys and nominations for top manager awards. I've copied them here for your quick reference:

  • Be a good coach;
  • empower your team and don't micromanage;
  • express interest in employee's success and well-being;
  • be productive and results-oriented;
  • be a good communicator and listen to your team;
  • help your employees with career development;
  • have a clear vision and strategy for the team; and
  • have key technical skills, so you can help advise the team.

If you have such publicly available docs at other companies, please let me know

No comments: