Saturday, May 14, 2016

We find our way by getting lost

One of my favourite thought leaders Seth Godin said this "We find our way by getting lost. Anything other than that is called reading a map". As an itinerant I could relate to this immediately, as I've got lost in several places and as a result I discovered some wonderful things (apart from finding out a way back to home). However, it also stuck to me that it could be true in professional lives too. When I looked back on my career, some of the most fulfilling assignments came because I took the risk of getting lost and trusted myself to find a way. Perhaps this is what Richard Bronson also is telling when he says "If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later!". 

I see many of us are more comfortable in the known. When an opportunity presents. we get frozen by FUD (Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt). Rightfully so. Why would you want to rock the boat? But then someone said "

No comments: