Monday, December 12, 2011

Reading list for Dec-2011

Two weeks ago I just counted #books in my personal library. I have a proud collection of 630 real/physical books and about 170 kindle books. I also noted that I haven't read about 70 of physical books and over 100 kindle books. Thats about 3 years of stuff, even if I read one book per month. That didn't ofcourse stop me from buying 7 books in the annual Strand book festival. Reading book has become an addiction, well almost. Many people ask me why do you read so many books? My answer is simple - its better than watching TV and killing time. Some of these also seem to be thinking that this guy has not grown much, though he seem to be reading so many books, but are afraid to tell so directly. Anyways, I ignore them as their opinion is immaterial.

Tough month at work. Have only two books planned this month:


Confession of a Venture Capitalist: Inside the high-stakes world of start-up financing
I'm a start-up guy at heart. Having seen the VC industry closely as a part of my job, I'm always intrigued by the mystery and charm of this industry. I'd be reading many books about VC funding and chose this one as the first.

The author, a VC herself, reveals an insider view of the VC industry. The chapters are short and looks like an easy read (though the review comments are bad).

Outwitting the Devil: The Secret to Freedom and Success
I'm a big fan of Napoleon Hill and reckon his Think and Grow Rich is one of the must read for anyone who can read. I was surprised to know that this particular book of his was unpublished as Hill wanted it to be done only after his death. So, I jumped and grabbed a copy when the book was released in India.

Using his legendary ability to get to the root of human potential, Napoleon Hill digs deep to identify the greatest obstacles we face in reaching personal goals: fear, procrastination, anger, and jealousy, as tools of the Devil. These hidden methods of control can lead us to ruin, and Hill reveals the seven principles of good that will allow us to triumph over them and succeed.

No comments: