Thursday, January 1, 2009

Personal MBA

I ran into the concept called Personal MBA (PMBA) as a regular reader of Seth Godin's blog. Its been a long cherished dream of mine to go back to college to study MBA and it is not coming to the top of my goals list somehow, as responsibilities both on personal and professional front keep increasing.

PMBA in a nut shell is a logical collection of best of the business books that you can read at your own pace. Please read the PMBA manifesto here. Reading is a big part of learning for me (my personal library has over 500 books and on an average I read 3-4 books every month). I got hooked on to PMBA as I realized its better to do a systematic reading, instead of reading interesting, but unconnected books.

I started by PMBA journey in Jan-2008 with a goal of completing the same by Dec-2009. The target for the year 2008 was to complete books on Strategy & Innovation, Marketing, Sales and Negotiation and Personal Effectiveness. It was a mixed bag - I completed books on Strategy, and about 75% of the books on the remaining two. This year I plan to complete the books in rest of the categories (Finance, Design & Production and Management & Leadership) and ofcourse the remaining books from 2008 that I could not complete.

Oliver Roland at Books That Can Change Your Life has set a goal to read 52 books off the PMBA list in 52 weeks, and he’s blogging the experience. Take a look at this post and its inspiring.

Thank you very much,


RamP!

No comments: