Saturday, June 7, 2008

Reading list for Jun'08


Ask and It Is Given: Learning to manifest your desires

I got interested in this book as the book is about the teachings of a non-physical entity "Abraham". Upon a quick glance I found out it talks about the "power of thoughts", my favourite subject and the importance of vibrational energy.







The Art of the Start: The time-tested, battle-hardened guide for anyone starting anything

I have been reading all the books by Guy Kawasaki and follow his blog regularly. In my opinion he is one of the top 10 communicators in the business world. His talks, writings and even his role as a moderator of panel discussions, are characterized by quick wit and insightful comments. If you have not watched his video on The Art of the Start, do it now.




Presence: An Exploration of Profound Change in People, Organizations and Society

Like Guy Kawasaki, I've been highly influenced by the works of Peter Senge, especially about his ideas on personal vision and on learning organizations. So when I found this book, I bought it immediately, even though the reviews of this book are not all that great. It also has a new format in terms of presentation - the book is presented as a discussion among the authors. You can get more details on this book here.




How You Can be More Interesting

Edward de Bono again, is one of my favorite authors. This book has a series of exercises and sounds like a fun thing to do.

No comments: